Updated: February 20, 2019
Personal Information Collected when You Visit and Interact with Us
TBS collects personal information when your visit our Sites, our retail locations, or communicate with us.
- Customer Service. TBS collects personal information from you if you contact TBS with a consumer complaint or request. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and the facts regarding the complaint or request. We use this information to respond to your complaint or request, to track trends and issues, and to improve our products and services. We may also contact you for future news and events, unless you opt-out.
- Marketing Research. TBS collects information about you if you consent to participate in any of The Beer Store marketing research programs. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, promotional awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences. We use this information to track trends and issues, and to improve our products and services. We may also contact you for future news and events, unless you opt-out.
- Contests and Promotions. TBS collects information about you if you participate in any of The Beer Store contest or promotion. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, income, promotional awareness, interests, and facts regarding your consumer habits and preferences. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion, to analyze the success of our promotions and to develop new promotions. We may also contact you for future news and events, unless you opt-out.
- BeerXpress. TBS collects information when you reserve orders through BeerXpress. The information collected may include your user name, password, reservation history, credit card, and other information relating to your usage of BeerXpress. We use this information to provide you with the BeerXpress services, to track trends and issues, and to improve our products and services. We may also contact you for future news and events, unless you opt-out.
- In-Store Transactions. TBS collects information in order to process your transaction in-store. The information collected may include your name, credit or other payment card information, whether you are of the legal drinking age, your order history and other information relating to your use of The Beer Store’s services. We use this information to provide you with services that you request, to track trends and issues, and to improve our products and services. We may also contact you for future news and events, unless you opt-out.
Why We Collect Personal Information
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request services from us, we ask that you provide sufficient information to enable us to respond to your request. The personal information may be used to:
- contact and correspond with you
- create your online account
- confirm your identity
- verify your age
- process and ship your orders for products
- locate the nearest TBS
- process your beer reservations to be picked-up
- authorize charges and manage billings related to our services
- improve TBS offerings and marketing, to enhance the consumer experience and to assess strategic initiatives
- confirm eligibility for contests and to award prizes
- contact consumers for marketing purposes, if you opt-in for communication of special offers from TBS
- respond to your consumer complaint or request
- respond to job applications and manage our online career portal
- comply with regulatory and audit purposes
- identify other purposes in order for TBS to provide its services
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent.
Cookies and Targeted Advertising
Like many websites and applications, we use a variety of technologies that automatically collect and use certain types of technical and usage data. Technical Information” is information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual but which could be used to indirectly identify you. This section describes the type of technologies TBS may use on its Sites
TBS may collect your IP address when you visit our Sites to help us diagnose problems, assist with system administration, reporting aggregated data to our partners, and to audit the use of our Sites. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable.
Cookies and other technologies
Targeted Online Advertising
Targeted or interest-based advertising means programs that display advertisements to you based on information from your online activities, such as the actions you take when you visit websites. This information helps understand your interests in order to display ads that you might enjoy. TBS uses third party technologies, including third party social media platforms to show you tailored advertising.
We use advertising platforms provided by Facebook to promote interest-based advertisements to you and to measure how users interact with those advertisements. We may do this using web tracking tools or by converting the email address, phone number or other contact information you have provided to TBS into a unique value that these platforms may compare to a unique value created from information you provided to those platforms. Please visit Facebook for information on Facebook’s advertising privacy policies and how to opt out https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. If you would like to opt-out, please adjust your social advertising settings, use the opt-out features in the Facebook advertisement, or contact us using the contact details provided.
Consent to Use Personal Information
By using our Sites or our services, participating in market research or entering a contest or promotion, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
Opting-Out of Marketing Emails
If you decide you no longer want to receive emails from TBS you can unsubscribe with every offering by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within our email. You may also contact us at The Beer Store at 280 Sovereign Road, London, Ontario, N6M 1B3, Tel: 1-888-948-2337.
The Sites and the provided services are not for individuals who are not of legal drinking age (19 and over in the province of Ontario, Canada). TBS does not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If are under the legal drinking age and believe TBS has collected your personal information, or, if you are a parent or legal guardian and believe TBS has collected personal information of a minor, please contact TBS at the contact information found at the end of the Policy.
Third Parties and Sharing Personal Information
In providing our services, we may work with third party service providers, or need to disclose the personal information we collect to other service providers, agents or other third parties who perform various functions for us, such as processing or delivering orders, processing payments, administering contests, promotions and online activities on our behalf. Such third parties are contractually required to keep all personal information private, confidential and secure at the same or higher security standards demonstrated by TBS. Third parties may only use your personal information to assist TBS and for no other purpose. In certain circumstances, we may provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Links To Other Websites
The Sites may contain links to other non-TBS websites. TBS is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit.
Security Safeguards and Retention
TBS understands the importance of protecting your personal information. TBS takes reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is protected from unauthorized use, access, alteration, disclosure, loss or destruction. However, you should be aware that the Internet is not perfectly secure. You understand that you are providing such information to TBS at your own risk.
TBS retains your personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above, subject to any legal, auditing or account obligations TBS is required to meet.
Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. With some exceptions prescribed by law, you have the right to access, verify or challenge the information we have about you and have it amended if appropriate. You can help us keep personal information up-to-date by keeping us informed of any changes, such as a change of email address. If you would like to review or update the personal information in your customer record or withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or if you have any inquiries, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer as listed in the Contact Information section below.
When you request that your name be removed from our databases, it may not be possible to completely delete all your personal information due to technical and legal constraints, including stored back-up systems.
Please contact our Chief Privacy Officer to obtain further information about our policies and procedures or if you have any unresolved inquiries or concerns.
Chief Privacy Officer - The Beer Store
5900 Explorer Drive - Mississauga, Ontario - L4W 5L2
Fax: (905)361-4289 - firstname.lastname@example.org